- Family-friendlyMost popularCultural & historical sitesOpen lateThe Paris Pass®
What you'll do
Tour Montparnasse, also widely recognized as Montparnasse Tower, is the only skyscraper in central Paris, and visitors can see up to 40km away on a clear day from the 56th-floor observation deck.
Experience the viewpoint at Tour Montparnasse with The Paris Pass®
- Get the best views across the City of Love from the 56th-floor of Tour Montparnasse.
Spot the most famous sights in Paris, including the Eiffel Tower, from this central landmark in Montparnasse Paris.
Named after Mount Parnassus, the Greek mountain, Montparnasse Tower is Paris’ only skyscraper and at 689ft high, the viewpoint from the Montparnasse Tower observation deck offers undoubtedly one of the best panoramas in the city. Second to the Eiffel Tower, a Montparnasse tour is a must-visit on a clear day to get spanning views across the capital – and if you’re lucky, you can even see up to 40km away! Look out for the main sights of Paris including Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower and Sacré Coeur for a vista to remember.
Your Paris Adventure at Montparnasse Tower
Make your Parisian dream a reality and treat yourself to a spectacular bird's eye view of the city of love. Montparnasse Tower tickets will be your golden key to unlocking the city's panoramic vistas.
Discover the Magic of Montparnasse
Feel your heart flutter as you ascend to the highest roof terrace in Paris. With a ticket to the Montparnasse Tower observation deck, Paris will reveal her secrets right under your feet, and you will get to truly experience the city and all its splendor.
Please note: Closed from 16.00 on 14 July
Buying Montparnasse Tower Tickets
Before setting out to capture the sights from this amazing attraction, make sure to buy your Montparnasse Tower tickets. The ease of The Paris Pass® simplifies your visit, bundling numerous attractions, including this unforgettable experience at Montparnasse Tower.
- A modern glass terrace with unrestricted views across the city from Montparnasse Tower.
- The only skyscraper in Paris, offering a unique perspective on the metropolis.
- Breath-taking sunsets across the urban horizon, a spectacular sight from the Montparnasse Tower observation deck.
- Weather-proofed for every season, with glass shelters, heating, and air conditioning.
- Experience one of the fastest lifts in the world to take you up to the top to Tour Montparnasse properly.
Did you know:
- Montparnasse Tower is home to Europe’s highest restaurant, Le Ciel de Paris (which aptly means, The Sky of Paris).
- The Montparnasse district used to be a popular hub for writers and poets of The School of Paris who flocked to the area for cheap housing and studios.
- Gare Montparnasse used to be the main station through which Bretons would migrate for a taste of the high fortunes of Paris.
- The viewing platform attracts over 1,200,000 visitors a year, but the whole tower itself houses around 5,000 employees whose address is one of the most prestigious in Paris.
- Totally, the structure of Montparnasse Tower weighs 150,000 tonnes, measures an almond shape of 164 x 104, and has 6 underground levels with 59 above-ground floors.
- Experience the super-fast lift that will take you from the ground floor to the 56th floor in just 38 seconds (that’s 19 feet per second!)
- Panorama: The viewing gallery on the 56th floor is one of the most impressive perspectives in Paris. With interactive screens and telescopes, get a truly magical experience. On a clear day, you can see for miles; look out for some of the famous buildings such as the Eiffel Tower (which you can’t miss as Montparnasse is directly opposite!), Notre Dame, the Louvre, Arc de Triomphe, and much more. Follow the Seine as it snakes through Paris and when the sun drops, watch the city illuminate under darkness. Perfect for a romantic evening…
- 360˚ Café and Le Ciel de Paris: As Europe’s highest panoramic café and restaurant, Montparnasse Tower is the perfect place to replenish your energy and take in the views. From hot meals and fresh sandwiches in the café to a romantic candle-lit dinner for two, a visit to Montparnasse is great to take in the sights as well as a meal to remember!
- Exhibition: Learn about the history of the building from its conception in 1959 (by winning architects Urbain Cassan, Eugène Beaudouin, Louis de Hoÿm de Marien, and Jean Saubot) to the initial build in 1970. Through a series of old archived photos, learn about the importance of the building in the past and present Paris and marvel at the transformation the Montparnasse Tower has undergone over time.
Take a sneak peek at what to expect on their video, here.
Know before you go
Getting in: please show your pass at the main entrance on the ground floor.
For more information visit the Tour Montparnasse website.
Q. What is Montparnasse known for?
A. Montparnasse is known for its vibrant artistic history, being a hub for famous writers, painters, and intellectuals in the early 20th century.
Q. How tall is the Montparnasse Tower?
A. The Montparnasse Tower stands at an impressive height of 210 meters (689 feet), offering breathtaking panoramic views of Paris.
Q. Can I visit Montparnasse Tower at night?
A. Yes, the Montparnasse Tower is open in the evening, allowing visitors to enjoy stunning nighttime views of Paris illuminated by city lights.
Q. Are there any famous cafés in Montparnasse?
A. Absolutely! Montparnasse boasts several iconic cafés, such as Café de la Rotonde and Le Dôme, which were popular meeting places for artists and intellectuals during the 20th century.
Q. Is Montparnasse a good place to shop?
A. Montparnasse offers a range of shopping options, from trendy boutiques to well-known brands, making it a great destination for shopping enthusiasts.
Q. How can I get to Montparnasse from Charles de Gaulle Airport?
A. You can easily reach Montparnasse from Charles de Gaulle Airport by taking the RER B train to Denfert-Rochereau station, and then transferring to the metro line 6 towards Charles de Gaulle-Étoile, which stops at Montparnasse-Bienvenüe station.
Where you'll be
Rue de l'Arrivée, Paris, FR
Daily 11AM - 10.30PM (last climb 10PM)
The last lift is 30 minutes before closing.
+33 1 45 38 53 16
Buy with confidence
Why choose The Paris Pass®?
Mega savingsOur passes save you more than buying individual tickets – we guarantee it!
Bucket-list experiencesEnjoy world-famous sights and hidden hotspots, all handpicked by our local experts.
All in one placeAll you need is the Go City app. Simple!
Have a 5% discount, on us!
More savings? You're welcome. Sign up to our newsletter and receive exclusive discounts, vacation inspiration and much more.